Sean Alisea is a software developer who has remained active in the field for many years. Although a person who has made a living working with technology, he is a person who understands human nature. He is a compassionate individual who practices conscientious behavior in order to better the world.
As someone who has lived on both coasts of the country, he has witnessed plenty of life between the two. From his experience, Sean has developed a solid sense of self and a desire to give back to the community. His confidence is not only reflected in his professional achievements, but in his many humanitarian efforts.
Altruism is an important quality that has helped develop civilizations for centuries. Although world history has demonstrated acts of destruction and inhumane practices, the majority of the world works to maintain peace and a brighter future. The latter are values that Sean holds dearly to his heart and continues to practice through a variety of religious and volunteer efforts.
Where He Finds Inspiration
His life experience is a major credit to his benevolent attitude, but Sean also draws inspiration from all aspects of life. He encourages others to find their own individual sources of motivation that might encourage a brighter outlook on their lives. Personally, he has found the following areas enlightening:
- The Buddhist Religion. As an active participant in Buddhism, Sean has found meditation practices a great way to find clarity. Doing so enables him to cut back on his own wants and channel his energy into helping others.
- Recreational Activities. Sean enjoys playing soccer, mountain biking, snowboarding and practicing yoga. He credits these activities as a way of maintaining a healthy body and sound mind.
- Nature. Making a home for himself in Santa Barbara, California, Sean is able to see natural wonders on a daily basis. His appreciation for nature has provided him with arenas to stay moving with the activities listed above. It has also given him many ways to see and interpret the world. Through scuba diving, hiking, camping and backpacking, Sean is exposed to many hidden parts of our planet and a variety of cultures.
- Literature.Sean is inspired by the thoughts of many respected authors. Some of his favorite reading selections include:
- Nothingness – The Science of Empty Space by Henning Genz
- Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung
- The Infinite Book: A Short Guide to the Boundless, Timeless and Endless by John D. Barrow
- Music. Throughout history, people have used music as a way to affect their mood. Whether they are looking to dance, relax or reflect, music is great way to focus on these objectives. Sean loves music and all that it can do, especially when listening to artists such as Jack Johnson, Iron & Wine, David Gray and Ray Lamontagne.
- Social Activity. Sean loves spending time with friends and around people in his community. Staying social allows him to relax and share stories with the people he surrounds himself with. Some of software developer Sean Alisea’s favorite places are beaches, coffee shops or any good spot he can catch live local music.
- Travel. Sean M. Alisea is also an extensive traveler that has seen a great deal of places around the world. He has encountered a variety of languages and cultures that have broadened his understanding of society.
Not only has he seen historic structures, but breathtaking parts of the world that many people never get to see. As a human being, it is important to know the world you live in. Traveling is not only fun, educational and surprising – it also fosters global togetherness.
Traveling can take many forms. Sean has even found that visiting local areas of his own area can provide a short vacation. Besides visiting places throughout the continental United States, he has regarded the following places as some of his favorite travel destinations:
- Cozumel, Mexico
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Montreal, Canada
- Paris, France
- Florence, Italy
- London, England
Sean M. Alisea – A Volunteer
As noted above, one of Sean Alisea’s life goals is experiencing as many walks of life as possible. Communities all around the world need help from others to maintain their efforts, events and activities. Sean has found contributing his time and talent as a valuable way to spend his days.
Many of us have learned to read at an early age, yet the amount of illiteracy in the world is still alarming. In 2003, the U.S. Education Department conducted studies where statistics showed that approximately 32 million American adults lack certain literacy skills. Sean helped combat these figures by acting as an adult literacy tutor for Literary Works, Inc. located in Baltimore.
Santa Barbara School of Squash
Sean participated as a tutor in this unique urban youth enrichment program. The program encourages kids to learn and become model citizens through a combination of academic tutoring, mentoring and helping children learn about the fun sport of squash.
Buddhism has not only helped Sean reach personal clarity, but it has given him an opportunity to help the religious community. Some of his religious-related activities include:
- Acting as a donor and member of Bodhi Path Santa Barbara
- Helping manage weekly newsletters for the Bodhi Path
- Supporting community outreach programs
In addition to providing his skills and one-on-one attention to those involved with the above organizations, Sean finds it important to volunteer The Salvation Army. This organization is known for accepting items that could help benefit others, rather than putting sending them to landfills. It’s also a charity that fundraises, provides services, and arranges food drives for needy families, youth or disabled citizens.
A Solid Individual
By now you probably have realized that developer Sean M. Alisea is a serious contributor with an altruistic attitude. Through his inspiration and appreciation of the world around him, software professional Sean Alisea has found many ways to enlighten himself and others. All of professional Sean Alisea’s characteristics have built a solid foundation of principles, in which he can continue to grow upon, personally and professionally.